Pennsylvania Snowmobiling

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2019 12:53 pm  #21

Re: Tioga/ Potter Conditions

man what a good fri, sat ride. we rode over 300 miles in two days. trails to keeting summit off of ridge rd good. sat stayed over Germania cross forks area trails and sled traffic were not that crowded. hope all is still well with the group that had a sled go over into woods on hungry hollow rd. we helped them get it back up to trail with little damage.          ( lucky as far down in timber it was). well I believe this warm up is not going to do us any favors. till next time pray for white gold.

2/04/2019 6:06 pm  #22

Nice report guys. Sounds like everyone had a good time. Guess with this warm weather, next weekend isn’t looking good. Hearing about a potential storm for Feb 12-13. Anyone else hear anything? Keeping my fingers crossed.

2/08/2019 8:23 pm  #23

Anyone know if there is any base left? Seeing snow up there possibly for Tuesday. Not sure if it’ll revive things.

2/13/2019 10:13 am  #24

Did this last round of snow/sleet/rain do anything for the riding conditions upstate in the Tioga/Potter areas? Would like to come up this weekend and try to ride the canyon area, would it be a waste of time?

Marysville and Gaines, Pa

2/13/2019 11:13 am  #25

Trying to figure out the same as above! Thanks!

2/13/2019 9:42 pm  #26

looking at the snow cams they have about 4 to 5 inches, probably much of it sleet and wet snow, so my guess is that it should be pretty good. I am planning to go up Sunday.

2/14/2019 6:24 pm  #27

Tioga Forest DCNR reporting poor conditions as of 2/14/19 @ 10:00 am.
Black Forest Club in Germania posted on Facebook poor conditions 2/14/19.
Calling for rain showers starting 1:00 am Friday morning with harder rain in the morning hours. 
Temps in the high 30's fri- 40,s sat.  I'll sit this one out.

2/18/2019 5:07 pm  #28

2/ 18 /19   Rode from ansonia lot this afternoon, They only got 1 inch max of new snow. The road to the overlook was getting packed to ice from vehicles traveling it and a few sleds. Everything seems to still have the ice base with the new snow over it. The roads that have not been traveled were actually nice riding. I thought they were to get 2 to 4 and that would have made it great but they didnt. The rest of the week does not look good. The same story as  the last 3 years.

2/18/2019 7:40 pm  #29

We encountered the same Sunday. Got up Saturday night and it was crusty. Softened out Sunday after breakfast and we got about 60 miles in. Ruts from vehicles driving up there sucked but over all not the worst. Would’ve been a little revived if they got more snow last night.

2/19/2019 3:33 pm  #30

OK, here comes the pre-storm mid-week question. Will the Canyon area be worth riding this coming weekend? From past reports looks like a drop at Ansonia will be in order. Does anyone have info on the road to top at overlook? Could anyone that rides after the storm Wednesday please keep us informed on the conditions. I assume up top is still ok and will improve if we get anything from this storm. Is it possible to get to the Grand Canyon Club house for gas? God's Country for breakfast? Any input is welcome. Thanks.

Marysville and Gaines, Pa

Board footera