Pennsylvania Snowmobiling & ATVing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2019 10:47 am  #1

Potter County

Can anyone tell me conditions for Potter. There's a big snow ball in front of camera. Help

2/25/2019 3:10 pm  #2

Re: Potter County

Guess someone thought they would be cute.
There is about 6 inches on the ground at the club

Keep it Right
Sweden Hill SnoCam

2/25/2019 8:09 pm  #3

a trail conditions site is worthless if no one reports the conditions that they know to be there.

3/01/2019 4:25 pm  #4

I don't have any first hand knowledge but I talked to a few people in the area and they say riding is decent.  There is an ice base with a few inches of snow on top.  Higher elevations are better than lower which is not a surprise.  Fields are thin due to wind blowing the snow off.

Keep it Right
Sweden Hill SnoCam

3/01/2019 8:46 pm  #5

Rode from ansonia today, were down to bradly wales overlook  the trail to black forest and germania was better than i expected but has a few boney spots. went through oley bull park ,down to slate run and back to ansonia . did 137 miles and i would say conditions are very good. 

3/02/2019 8:11 am  #6

Anyone headed to Potter on Monday or Tuesday interested in hooking up to ride in the Coudersport area?
Email me at: webmaster@swedenhillsnocam.com

Last edited by Polaris2006 (3/02/2019 3:01 pm)

Keep it Right
Sweden Hill SnoCam

3/02/2019 3:12 pm  #7

Thinking about going up next weekend. Can you report on conditions once you’re up? Thanks!

FKA Edgexc

3/03/2019 2:17 pm  #8

Just came back from there Sat night. Rode all day from ansonia  on fri. and coudersport area sat.  I can tell you that conditions are in most places fantastic.  We many times during the day would say it doesn't get any better than this. And there were very few sleds there. There are thin spots like down in Wharton and in Sweden valley. They need a few inchs of snow to help them out. The trails are mostly smooth with the ice base and probably about 4 inchs of  heavy snow on top of that. Sat we came by potter co. club down to sweden valley  down to costello up portage rd  rode ridge rd. a while then went down into wharton  up nelson run to 44.  The run along 44 was even better than i have seen it sometimes. Checked the parking lot at dcnr at potatoe city about 5:30 and there were only 2 trailers. It was hard to believe such good riding and very few people. If you are looking to ride they are to get a little more snow tonight. The week looks to stay cold. Now is the  time.

3/03/2019 10:52 pm  #9

Thanks for the report. Hoping they get a little and with cold temps this week, it’ll be good next weekend.
Heading up early Friday morning. Riding out of Ansonia.

FKA Edgexc

3/04/2019 8:39 am  #10

It looks like it warms up some for the week end, and the nws is saying some rain on Sunday.

Board footera