Pennsylvania Snowmobile & ATV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/19/2020 10:16 am  #1

New Year - New Topic ! Trail Condtions 2020

Well, now that it's finally snowed...  What's it like up there in the Northern Snowy area (us here in the South of Pa are wondering!)

Steve 

Where there's Snow there's Steve ! lol

1/19/2020 1:22 pm  #2

Re: New Year - New Topic ! Trail Condtions 2020

I'm wondering the same thing. looks like about 4 inches of should be heavy snow and sleet, which should be decent riding

1/19/2020 5:48 pm  #3

My contact in Coudersport was headed out for a ride but his sled wouldn't start
There has to be some decent riding, especially on top

Keep it Right
Sweden Hill SnoCam

2/07/2020 7:21 pm  #4

Rode from denton hill area to keeners store  and back late this after noon. Had about 8 inches of new snow. it was a wet snow so it packed well and does not just blow off. i would say conditios are quite good  . Very nice riding finally.

2/09/2020 7:03 pm  #5

I was only riding thru sat so i don't know how Sunday was. There were a lot of sleds around in the lyman run cherry springs area. Great conditions on the back trails. The road to down to keeners store was beat pretty bad as of sat late afternoon. The trails around lyman lake area were excellent. see what the week ahead brings.  2/9

2/13/2020 7:34 pm  #6

Plan to head up to the ansonia area tomorrow .  I will report what i find. I wish others would post what they find also

2/14/2020 4:12 pm  #7

Took a ride from the lot at colton point.  The road up to the lookout is ice with some chewed up ice on top , not bad rideing.  It was not groomed when it was soft so is not real smooth but i have seen much worse. rode leatonia road to dead mans hllow and back to the lookout ,was actually pretty good.  The higher the better  The field down by the burning barrel is bare except for a dusting of snow. The trail to the club has bare spots. Was told that on  the other side of 44 toward cross forks is thin       Need 6 inches of snow to make it great.

2/14/2020 10:03 pm  #8

Rode little bit today over by rock run rd and Lyman lake. We have liquid cooled sleds and the one was running bit warmer than usual.  We think the snow was a bit powdery and wasn't sticking to the tunnels but there was only one corner that we saw that was bare road other wise fairly decent.

2/16/2020 8:53 pm  #9

Rode from Cross Fork Creek rd. Saturday afternoon up to and all around denton hill, over towards the clubhouse and down to the Laurelwood. From there up to the pipeline, Cherry springs and back to Cross fork Creek rd. Rode the same area this morning into the afternoon. Put on about 225 miles. Most of the riding was actually very good. Exceptional when considering at camp on Cross fork creek rd. there was only 2-3 inches of snow at best. Want to thank the folks who gave a positive report on riding the past few days. If not for that I probably would have stayed home.

2/27/2020 4:23 pm  #10

Looks like we will need to go north to get much riding in this year. The weather men do not sound very promising for the month of March. I got two weekend of riding in this year . The first was the weekend we got the snow , was very good. The next weekend was good on the high areas, but valleys were bare. Looks like they got a few  inchs new snow last night , but probably not worth the trip. 
  Every year we think maybe this will be a good year and it gets worse than the last . I have a sled i would like to sell but who would buy? Anyway that is my thoughts.   Any comments?

Board footera